Auteur
geemong
22 Oct 2022 - 09:58:53
215 Posts
'Theatres should keep prices low in cost-of-living crisis'

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/0680/live/91f23f20-5127-11ed-ac87-630245663c6a.jpg

The owner of a new West End theatre has said keeping ticket prices low will be key to venues surviving the cost-of-living crisis.

bonus bear Even if you all rely on help by finding cheats, you can't cheat all the time. The help we can always see that allows us to cheat sludge is SLOTXO recharge.

Marvellous, the first show to be housed in Soho Place, formally opened on Thursday, to largely positive reviews from critics.

Some have noted the theatre itself, which has been described as "state-of-the-art", has the misfortune of opening during the early stages of a cost-of-living crisis.

But veteran theatre producer and co-founder of Nimax Theatres, Nica Burns, told BBC News: "Theatre has always proved itself very resilient.

"I agree with everything you say about the economic concerns, and food and rent is more important than everything else, but people save up to have something special that they can look forward to."

Burns suggested the key to surviving turbulent economic times could lie in keeping a lid on ticket prices, to ensure the arts remain relatively affordable for audiences.

"My personal point of view within the theatre is we have to be careful about prices," she said.

"You can get a really good seat here [Soho Place] for £25. And £25 isn't beyond saving up for. You could say, what do you pay for a cup of coffee at Pret? So if you think about it that way, if you give up your coffee for a couple of weeks, you'll get the price of a ticket.

"But I do think it is now time when we just have to be careful about not putting ticket prices up," she continued.

"And I would be very sad if it was an unaffordable activity for people. And also, for those that are canny, you can scout around for ticket prices on the net, and earlier in the week is always cheaper."

Soho Place is a 602-seat theatre near London's newly revamped Tottenham Court Road tube station.

up
hayixi7445
07 Mar 2023 - 12:30:18
210 Posts
Marina View Residences By IOI Properties. Get Price, Brochure, Floor Plan, Price List & More. An upcoming mixed development at Marina View Hotline 61006226. Marina View Residences Showroom

up
hayixi7445
07 Mar 2023 - 13:18:36
210 Posts
The Continuum By Hoi Hup & Sunway Developments. Get Price, Brochure, Floor Plan, Price List & More. An upcoming Freehold condo at Thiam Siew Avenue. The Continuum Showroom

up
hayixi7445
07 Mar 2023 - 14:06:59
210 Posts
Tembusu Grand By CDL.Get Price, Brochure, Floor Plan, Price List & More. An upcoming condo at Jalan Tembusu. 638 Units at Dist 15. Hotline 61006226 Tembusu Grand Price List

up
hayixi7445
09 Mar 2023 - 08:10:18
210 Posts
The Hill @ One-North Price, Brochure, Floor Plan, Price List & More. An upcoming condo at One-North, Slim Barracks Rise Parcel B By Kingsford Development The Hill Showroom

up