Auteur
Adriano Peres
14 Oct 2021 - 01:00:12
48 Posts
Hi there I'm currently making a game using geolocation features.

So far I'm doing great, and today I started looking into way of displaying a stylized map of the player's surrounding. I've messed with Google Static Map API which works fine and is easily customizable but I'm a little bit worried about the 25K/day request limit in their terms and conditions.

Right now I'm storing the result in a Texture2D object and display it without using a tiling system or anything like that. My game takes place in one city only, so I would rather cache my map locally, but I dont know if you can easily fetch map data from Google Maps or not... So my question is : What should I use ? Stick with WWW based request and try to minimize the request by caching/using tiles ? or cache the whole map into the app itself, avoiding the use of requesting map data for GM static API ?

Sedvetei Jons
16 Oct 2021 - 11:05:47
49 Posts
Depending on which free geolocation apps for cell phone tracking you use, you get a lot of different features - from real-time cell phone location tracking and history tracking to GPS and Google Maps location tracking, phone number tracking - to name a few. some of them.