Auteur
geemong
14 Jun 2021 - 05:47:55
215 Posts
India coronavirus: 'I lost my father and pregnant wife to Covid'

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/B43A/production/_118883164_altuf.jpg

India's devastating slotxo second Covid wave has left thousands of families reeling from unspeakable grief. Each ordeal is a story of
how neglect, unpreparedness and a poorly thought-out vaccine strategy has resulted in so many deaths. Here is Altuf Shamsi's story
in his own words, as told to the BBC.

In early April, we were a happy family. My wife Rehab and I were expecting our third child.

Our gynaecologist had advised us to come to the hospital no later than 22 April. The plan was to have the baby the next day as Rehab
was already in the 38th week of her pregnancy.

She took a Covid test as per protocol - but, to our shock, the result returned positive. We knew the hospital did not admit Covid
positive patients, but our gynaecologist suggested we postpone the delivery as Rehab still had some time. She said we should focus
on getting her treated for Covid.

A few days later, Rehab developed a high fever and on 28 April, we admitted her to a Covid hospital on her doctor's advice.

The next say, the doctor said we could lose the baby since Rehab was on strong medication. In the evening, her condition worsened
and she was put on oxygen support. Doctors decided to deliver the baby through an emergency C-section.

The hospital made us sign documents which said that there were high chances of her bleeding to death. It was like jumping off a cliff
and hoping that you will land safely.

The hospital also asked me to find an ICU bed in another hospital as Rehab was likely to be intubated after the surgery -
and would need a full-fledged Covid treatment, which they couldn't provide.

At this point, I forgot that we were having a baby. The only thing on my mind was to save Rehab.

While I was preparing myself mentally for the surgery, bad news arrived. My father, who had also tested positive and had been
admitted to another hospital in Delhi, was deteriorating.

My mother, also positive, was still at home on mild oxygen support. She didn't even know that her husband and daughter-in-law
were battling for life.

My world seemed on the verge of collapsing. I was praying for their recovery, while hunting for an ICU bed.

up
Elodie Barbet
10 Aug 2021 - 11:50:55
11 Posts
Hi there, I am really sorry for your loss. I hope God gives you strengh to pass thru these difficult times. And my wife dumped me during Covid. She said that I gained 20 pounds and am not attractive any longer.

JeanMarc DAboville
10 Aug 2021 - 16:01:58
4 Posts
Yes, this pandemic revealed many problems that were hidden before. I will not touch upon health in this post, sorry. Here only the time is the healer, although I am really sorry for your loss. And you, Mr. Fatguy, can check what does cougarlife work and try to find a new woman instead of whining here. Not all of them look like skinny underfed models. I am sure you will fix your perfonal life.